Work injuries can be very painful, affect your ability to work, and even threaten your livelihood. A work injury can range from mild to severe and includes such common symptoms as numbness, stiffness, pain, and reduced activity tolerance.
Types of Work Injuries
- Repetitive motion injuries. This type of work injury is especially common among people in computer-related jobs. Those workers who perform repetitive motions when operating certain equipment or machinery can also experience this type of injury. Repetitive motions are more dangerous than many people think because they can cause wear and tear of joints.
- Machine-related injuries. This type of injury is common in the construction and manufacturing industries. In most cases, they are localized in the legs, feet, arms, and hands. The main symptom of these injuries is severe pain.
- Vehicle injuries. Usually, injuries of this type are serious and require a lot of recovery time. In most cases, employees who received vehicle injuries are eligible for injury compensation or workers’ compensation.
- Slip and fall injuries. This type of work-related injury can happen in any industry and any company. This type of accident usually occurs because of wet and slippery surfaces.
- Trauma injuries. This injury often occurs at mining, construction, and manufacturing sites. A person is usually injured by falling from a height or being hit by an object. Trauma injuries can be very expensive and require high medical expenses. Also, employees who had a trauma may need a long time to recover.
How Can a Chiropractor Help?
Chiropractors are professionals who specialize in managing the symptoms, side effects, and recovery process that result from work injuries. They use a holistic approach and take your goals and lifestyle into consideration while treating your injury.
Chiropractic care can help you with the following workplace injuries:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Connective tissue injuries
- Muscle pulls
- Neck pain
- Torn tendons and ligaments
- Injuries from repetitive movements and actions
- Herniated discs
Apps Chiropractic & Wellness Center in Wauwatosa and Elm Grove, WI – Your Wellness and Health Are Our Priorities
Do you live in Wauwatosa, Elm Grove, WI, or any other nearby town? Are you looking for an experienced chiropractor who can treat your workplace injury? Contact us at Apps Chiropractic & Wellness Center. Our patient-centered chiropractic office uses the most advanced and effective chiropractic techniques. If you have any questions about work injuries treatment or you want to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor, contact us today.